Name: Jason Arneil
Date of Birth: 30th December 1974
Jason Arneil is an experienced Oracle DBA and System Administrator with 12 years experience as a production DBA using Oracle from 8.0 up to and including 11gR2. Jason has managed many upgrade/migration projects over these various Oracle versions. He has 12 years experience of administering Solaris and Sun systems and is also very familiar with Linux. He has several years experience with SAN technologies and EMC Clariion systems in particular. Jason is particularly interested in high availability configurations having been running RAC and Dataguard for several years over several different Oracle versions and Operating Systems. Jason also has knowledge of Veritas clustering and backup solutions. Jason has presented several times at UKOUG events on topics including Dataguard and upgrading to 10gR2.
Sep 2001-Present Nominet UK
Position Database Team Leader/Solaris System Administrator
- Maintain the database of .uk internet domain names and manage the DNS infrastructure on a 24 x 7 basis, including on call support. Managed Nominet’s entire database real estate.
- Migrated Oracle RAC cluster from 10gR2 to 11gR2. Managed full project lifecycle
- Successfully migrated production Oracle RAC cluster from Solaris to Linux. Managed full project lifecycle including server install, SAN connectivity, Oracle RAC installation, testing and production migration.
- Installed Veritas clustering solution for main customer facing application, managing project lifecycle: solution architecture and design, SAN installation/configuration, Veritas clustering installation and configuration, and application migration.
- Installation and configuration of Dataguard logical standby database in a RAC primary and standby configuration. This included an Oracle 10.1 RAC installation of standby system running Solaris and Veritas clustering and the configuration of dataguard.
- Installation and configuration of Dataguard physical standby RAC cluster for Nominet’s primary RAC cluster running Linux. Performed full disaster recovery planning and successfully managed the switchover (and switch back) of all Nominet production systems.
Nov 1998 – Sep 2001 Oxford University Press
Position System Administrator/Oracle DBA
- Responsible for all servers and Sun workstations supporting some 60 users.
- Planned and managed migration from SunOS 4.1 to Solaris 2.6 for entire server estate and all workstations.
- Migrated Oracle 8.0.5 to Oracle 8.1.6.
- 12 years Oracle DBA experience: 8/9/10/11
- Many Oracle RAC installations on both Solaris and Linux using Oracle 9.2/10.1/10.2/11.2
- Oracle Dataguard experience
- Very experienced in Oracle installations/upgrades/migrations
- Familiar with Oracle Backup and Recovery & RMAN
- Experience of Oracle performance tuning
- 12 years Solaris system administration experience 2.6/8/10
- Experienced with Veritas Netbackup installation/configuration
- Extensive EMC Clariion & SAN experience
- Familiar with: NIS/DNS/NFS/Jumpstart/Apache/Tomcat
- Veritas Clustering/Volume manager/File system and Netbackup experience
- Familiar with Linux
Download Jason arneil cv in MS Word format.